Why Take A Band Of Brothers Tour With Us | Stephen Ambrose Tours
The Original Band of Brothers Tour was Created by Stephen E. Ambrose
The Original Band of Brothers Tour is the original tour created by Stephen E. Ambrose, who immortalized the men of Easy Company in his best-selling book, Band of Brothers: E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne from Normandy to Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest, and was the co-executive producer of the epic Steven Spielberg/Tom Hanks HBO miniseries, Band of Brothers, which was based on his book.
This Band of Brothers tour is an experience unparalleled in its accuracy and insight. You will stand in the very foxholes and precise locations where Easy Company fought in some of the most climactic battles of World War II. Captain Drez will share his passion and enthusiasm, leaving you and your fellow travelers with memories of a lifetime, as we, too, become a Band of Brothers.
The Only Band of Brothers Tour that always has a Full-time Tour Historian
Our tour follows the path of Easy Company and is based on the first-hand recollections of the paratroopers and the extensive research of Stephen Ambrose and his colleague, Ron Drez (Captain, USMC), who is our Full-time Tour Historian. No other Band of Brothers tour can make this claim.
Captain Drez was Stephen Ambrose’s favorite student and handpicked choice for tour leader. Together, the Silver Star decorated Vietnam vet and Dr. Ambrose founded the Eisenhower Center at the University of New Orleans. Drez has authored several books, including Voices of D-Day and Twenty-five Yards of War. He is with us during dinner, when he is available to answer your questions and continue the discussion.
The Most Experienced Band of Brothers Tour Company
Founded in 1979 by Stephen E. Ambrose, who actually led the original tour, our long-standing relationships ensure that our tour moves smoothly and that you have a seamless experience. We have learned over the years to pace our tour, so that you may fully enjoy the historical experience.
Exclusive Experiences Not Offered by Other Companies
Because we were founded by Stephen E. Ambrose, we have insider access to many places and experiences that are significant to Easy Company and that are not offered by other tour companies.
- Toccoa – Begin your once-in-a-lifetime Band of Brothers experience where Easy Company began.
- Aldbourne, England – Visit the site where the men of Easy Company did their pre-invasion training.
- Brecourt Manor in Normandy – See the actual site where the men of Easy Company silenced the Nazi artillery on a VIP tour.
- Ste. Mere Eglise – Learn the true story of what happened at Ste. Mere Eglise in Normandy.
- St. Catherine’s Church – Tour the church where Dick Winters went up into the steeple and spotted a German tank column.
- Zell Am See – See where the men of Easy Company celebrated the anniversary of their jump into Normandy by parachuting into the waters of Zeller See Lake.
The Vacation of a Lifetime!
- Over the years, we have taken the men of Easy Company along to revisit the places where they fought. Sharing their experiences has been invaluable to our guests.
- While traveling on our coach, we often view films that serve to illuminate the history of World War II in a given region.
- We build in some time for relaxation. On occasion you may have the afternoon to shop and sightsee on your own.
- Our Full-time Tour Escort provides a high level of service to ensure your comfort and enjoyment.
- 4- and 3-Star hotels are chosen for their historical significance and ideal locations with all the necessary amenities
- Delicious group dinners are a relaxing and fun time to informally recount the day’s events and enjoy camaraderie as we, too, become a Band of Brothers.
- Our expert team in the United States includes a historian and experienced logistics persons. They work to ensure that your vacation is enjoyable from the very start.